Saturday, October 4, 2008

In Love With Crochet

I am absolutely in love with crochet. I find myself thinking about crochet more than actually spending time crocheting. I'm not sure why that is? I think my confidence has taken a blow because I have this wonderful shawl that I haven't been able to sell. I really haven't tried that hard either. I listed it on etsy.com, ebay & on my own web page. I do know that I should have better photos. I need to have a full length photo that shows what the shawl will look like on an actual person. Maybe one day I'll be able to take a photo like that.

Back to my love of crochet I love picking up a ball of yarn and turning it into something I can wear. I like to work with larger hooks, faster crocheting. A lot of my work is of a more open stitch style. I did make a halter out of Speed Sheen. They don't make it anymore!!! I can't believe it. That's one thing I find very disappointing yet also thrilling. A new yarn will come out and you think "Oh I can buy a ton of it." Later, when you go back to the store to buy more you find it's gone and discontinued. I know the rule you should always buy what you think you need to complete a project but when you've been buying yarn for months and years you assume that brand will be around for a while. The good thing is there are comparable yarns out there.

I'm a bit afraid to list on ebay for a low bid. I can't take the chance that if I list a shawl for $3.33 bidders will bid it up where it needs to be. If I start off the bidding at $60 people don't bid. I shouldn't be discouraged. I think I should make up some business cards and get the word of mouth out! Another thing I use godaddy to host my page. I didn't realize that the godaddy banner would be on the top of my page. It doesn't bother me but it doesn't look all that professional. Feel free to make suggestions of other hosting sites.

No comments: